2015 SST Classroom Decoration Competition
There will be a Classrooms Decoration Competition coming up.
Class Exco members are to lead their class in this project. Students need to submit a short write-up (less than 100 words) to explain to the judges how the class decoration is related to their class mission, goals and code of conduct. Submissions must be done by 29 January 2015 (Thursday).
Guidelines to adhere to:
- Students are encouraged to use recycled materials to decorate their classroom. There will be no reimbursement of expenses incurred.
- The decoration should be done in a tasteful manner i.e. there should be no offensive language, symbols or pictures used.
- Painting of the classroom is not allowed.
- Please take care of the equipment provided by the school. Cost of any damage done to any school property will be borne by the class.
- Safety of the classroom should not be compromised.
- Areas to note:
- Notice-boards need to be allocated for different subjects and announcements. Eg. Duty roster.
- Classroom must be clean and neat.
- The locker area is clean and free from clutter.
- Class mission, goals and code of conduct are clearly displayed.
- The items in the class cupboards are neatly arranged.
- Class Seating plan is prominently displayed at the teacher’s table.
The competition will assess students on the following:
● Class Theme reflects their mission, goals and code of conduct. (30%)
● Overall presentation and use of space inside the classroom (30%)
● Creativity (10%)
● Effort (10%)
● Classroom cleanliness (10%)
● Use of recycled material (10%)
Judging will take place on 30 Jan 2015 (Friday) from 1 p.m. onwards.
The categories of prizes will be given out for each respective levels:
- MOST CREATIVE
- MOST ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY